The SJS endeavors to promote, deepen and broaden cultural exchange between Switzerland and Japan in multiple areas, including cultural heritage.
Terms of Membership:
Swiss and Japanese citizens and corporate entities can apply for membership. With approval by a majority of board members, applications from individuals of non-Swiss or non-Japanese origin may also become members.
A majority of board members must approve all membership applications.
Members enjoy the following advantages:
- invitation to all SJS events
- reduced entrance fees
- right to vote at the Annual General Meetings
- right to propose your own themes for events
- access to broad Japan know how and experience
- contact with Japanese organisations and Japan adepts
- information about events from partner organisations
- right to propose entries on our homepage
SJS is a non-profit organization. The society is self-financed through annual membership fees. Which are used for costs of events and activities.
The membership fee per calendar year is as follows:
- for single members CHF 50.-
- for couples CHF 80.-
- for persons/students (up to age 25) CHF 20.-
- for corporates and associations min. CHF 300.-